Wednesday, August 31, 2011

#68 Windswept Blonde

Last Sunday the weather was just perfect for some street portraits with lovely sunshine. I noticed her standing by the wall with two of her friends chatting. The wind in her hair. 

She was kind enough to pose for me but this time having read a little about Richard Avedon's technique I chose not to speak to my subject. I usually talk to my subjects to help them relax in front of the camera and I am quite chatty by nature so it was interesting to watch how different the reactions were from different people with the subject often prompting me with questions to say a little more about the project.




1 comment:

  1. Interesting to see the difference...
    Clearly some tension in the lower picture. Which was teken first? Either she got more comfortable after questioning you by the second shot - or she started happy and got tense after some silence.

    ReplyDelete