Friday, June 24, 2011

#23 Cool dude

This one was taken on my first street outing all the way back in February even though it still feels like February here now with all the rain.

As we were walking up and down Portobello Road, I noticed a bunch of boys wandering around the market checking out girls. I thought 'Hm... should I stop one of them?' but did nothing about it. There were so many people around to stop, they always felt a bit too far away to approach and someone interesting was always closer. The day was coming to the end, I was busy chatting to a stranger I stopped when someone else in our group approached one of the boys and started taking their picture. The setting was perfect. That crack in wall, the setting sun so I asked one of the other boys in the group to pose for me or maybe it was Emil who said 'Why don't you take a picture of one of the others?'.  I don't quite remember but I do remember that they were French.

Whenever I look at this picture, it reminds me of Leonard Cohen's 'Anthem'. 

"there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in'




No comments:

Post a Comment