Thursday, June 9, 2011

#12 Can I make a mean face?

Top tip: 'Indulge your subjects.'

There's an after party club located in old public toilets by Old Spitafields Market. It sounded slightly surreal when we heard the loud music beats in a middle of busy afternoon street so we came closer to explore.There was a bunch of smokers (thank you smoking ban!) hanging outside.

This chap watched me with interest as I shot another bloke but went all timid when I asked him for a shot too. Suddenly, he was full of excuses 'I don't look good. I'm not photogenic. I have been partying since last night.' but he gave in in the end and asked if he could make a mean face. It was a giggle snapping him as he tried a number of mean faces. He also asked me if I'd teach him photography since he just inherited his grandfather's Pentax. We invited him along to one of our street outings.











4 comments:

  1. Really like his expressions - the ciggie gives it a certain edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take peoples name when you shoot your strangers? I always try to get a few facts down. I quit smoking many years ago, and I always enjoy telling people that it is bad for them to smoke, as they didn't already know that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) Steffe: I sometimes ask them for their names and sometimes not. It very much depends on how the whole conversation goes. I live the smoking choice to them though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great capture, he is really photogenic.

    ReplyDelete